The deadline for registering with the Turkish Data Controllers Registry (VERBIS) has been postponed again
March 2021 – On 11 March 2021, the Personal Data Protection Board (the “Board”) announced its decision on the postponement of the registration deadline with the Turkish Data Controllers Registry (“VERBIS”) until 31 December 2021 to meet the increasing requests of many data controllers as well as professional associations due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The decision also covers data controllers that missed the 30 September 2020 registration deadline. In a nutshell, the following data controllers are required to register with VERBIS until 31 December 2021:
- data controllers having more than 50 employees in a year;
- data controllers with a total annual balance sheet amount of more than TRL 25 million;
- data controllers residing abroad;
- data controllers whose main activity is processing sensitive data, even if they have less than 50 employees in a year and their total annual balance sheet amount is less than TRL 25 million; and
- public institutions and organisations.
For more information please contact:
Ebru Temizer, Partner, email@example.com
Ceren Ceyhan, Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ertuğrul Keçeli, Legal Trainee, email@example.com